Meet us in ‘Asia’, for a sensory exploration of Kadıköy. Istanbul street food tour is a great way to enjoy the best eats of an area less explored by visitors, but a hub of local activity with some of the best food in the city. Sip our famous drinks, bite into the best street food, savour authentic Anatolian specialty dishes. And, of course, delicious baklava and Turkish pide. Eat your way through Kadıköy with us, and indulge in a taste of Istanbul’s evening life. Eat. Walk. Explore!
Enjoy an evening meandering through the ‘other side’ of Istanbul, while eating your way through Kadıköy with our expert foodies, on our Istanbul Street Food Tour. Kadıköy is a hub of local activity on Istanbul’s Asian side, and a favourite areas of locals to come out and enjoy wonderful food with friends. Mingling with Istanbullus in the evening and eating the best local food where the locals eat, will give you a real sense of this tasty and vibrant city.
Start your tour with an ‘afternoon tea’ of simit-bal-kaymak – Turkish-style – before moving on to delighting your taste buds with some of the best street foods and kebab in Istanbul. Sample authentic Anatolian-style dishes, sip on local drinks while watching the world pass by, savour some of the most delightful baklava in the city from generations-old creators, indulge in the magical taste of Turkish mussels. And this is just the beginning! Taste more than 8 different specialties during your tour.
Join us for an evening of great food and drink, history and culture, and lots of fun. This is sure to be an Istanbul night to delight!
Eat. Walk. Explore!
- Experience first-hand why Turkish cuisine is one of the world’s most famous
- Explore Istanbul’s Asian-side Kadıköy district by nightfall – the locals’ hub on the Asian shore
- Discover a local Istanbul with a professionally licensed foodie guide – passionate about all things food and Istanbul – ready to share information about their culture, Turkish history and modern-day life
- Enjoy the small, intimate groups with a maximum of 8 guests
- Fill your belly at 7 traditional Turkish food, desserts and drinks stops
- Start your tour with a Turkish Balkaymak plate, one of the most popular dish on all of our tours!
- Tempt your tastebuds with baklava from a shop that has been producing the favourite sweet for generations
- Sample some of the locals’ favourite street foods and quick bites of the area
- Sip on the famous ayran, the yogurt drink favoured by Turks with their meals
What is included in the ticket price?
Our food tours include all food and drink tastings on the tour, as well as water and public transportation – and an English-speaking guide, of course.
Why is the Istanbul on Food tour cheaper than most of the other food tours? Do you serve less food or lesser quality foods?
Not at all! On the contrary, we believe we serve the very best available dishes on all our tours! In the neighborhoods we visit, usually there are more than half a dozen different food shops serving the same food/dish. We have carefully evaluated them to make sure we visit and eat the best one possible. Our tours are more about quality than quantity. On our full day tours we also serve high end Turkish main courses and kebabs. For instance, on our Two Continents tour, we eat the best ice-cream and döner kebab not only in Istanbul, but in the whole of Turkey. If the price of a food matters, then there is no other more expensive alternatives than what we pay for those dishes.
So, how are our tours still quite reasonably priced compared to others? The answer is simple: We believe you would still book and enjoy our tours if the price tag was 30% higher; but, it is our philosophy to offer exceptional experiences at a reasonable price. This is our value.
Do you offer hotel collection?
No. We have a central meeting point and detailed instructions to reach the meeting point are provided upon booking.
Your ticket entitles you to the following:
- All food and drink tastings along the tour, including 1 bottle of water
- A friendly, knowledgable and energetic professionally-licensed English-speaking tour guide
- A evening filled with culinary, cultural, historic and personal anecdotes, with a local insider’s view of Istanbul
- Maximum group size of 8 people
- 3 hours of eating, walking and enjoying Istanbul
What To Bring & Wear
- An empty stomach and a very big appetite!
- Casual and comfortable shoes and clothing
- Our tours depart rain or shine, but if rain is forecast you might like to bring an umbrella for the short walking distances between food stops
50% deposit is required upon booking to secure your tour (this can be made via PayPal or with credit card). Cancellations are to be advised at least 24-hours before the commencement of your scheduled tour for a full refund; otherwise, this deposit will be forfeited. Our tours run rain or shine.
Meeting & Finishing Point
Our Kadıköy Street Food Tours depart on everyday at 18:00 and are approximately 3 hours in duration.
We meet to begin our tour at the Kadıköy Ferry Terminal (Kadıköy Iskele). Please note that you will need to make your way to Kadıköy on your own, but detailed instructions and exact meeting point will be provided upon booking. Getting to Kadıköy is very easy by ferry, so don’t let this scare you from a wonderfully tasty experience!
This tour finishes in Kadikoy Ferry Terminal. Your guide will help you to catch the Eminonu ferry (back to the spice market) or Karakoy ferry.
Our small, standard tour group size is just 2-8 people. However, we are certainly happy to cater for your larger, private group. Please email us at: email@example.com to discuss.
Istanbul Food Tours Quick Links