Embark on an unforgettable tasting adventure into the city’s lively heart of Taksim and Beyoğlu. Experience the city in the full-swing of the evening – when the locals come out to play. Savour the best local street foods, specialties from the Southeastern Anatolia region, kebabs you didn’t know existed, and the sweetest desserts. And, of course, an Istanbul evening wouldn’t be complete without a plate of famous baklava! Get into the midst of it all, and have a taste of Istanbul’s evening life. Eat. Walk. Explore!
Spend an evening discovering and eating your way through Istanbul’s lively heart with us, on our Taksim Street Food Tour. Taksim and Beyoğlu are favourite areas of locals to eat out, socialise and enjoy life – every day of the week. Exploring the best local eateries of the area in the evening light gives you the opportunity to experience the city like a true Istanbul local.
Feast your tastebuds on some of the best street food and kebabs Istanbul has to offer – and learn that there is more than meets the eye (or nose and tastebuds) when it comes to choosing exactly which type of kebab you want to eat. Savour the best baklava in the city from traditional creators. And this is just the beginning! Taste over 8 different specialties during your tour.
Join us for an evening of great food, good drink, and plenty of fun. This is sure to be an Istanbul night to remember! Eat. Walk. Explore!
- Discover why Turkish cuisine is one of the world’s most famous
- Explore Istanbul’s lively Taksim & Beyoğlu districts – the heart and soul of the city for locals
- Fill your belly with more than 8 traditional Turkish foods, desserts and drinks
- Discover Istanbul with a professionally licensed foodie guide – passionate about all things food and Istanbul – ready to share information about their culture, Turkish history and modern-day life
- Enjoy the small, intimate groups with a maximum of 8 guests
- Tempt your tastebuds with baklava from a shop that has been producing the favourite sweet for generations
- Savour unique dishes hailing from Turkey’s Southeastern Anatolia region
- Enjoy tasting different types of kebabs and discover there’s more kebab than just doner
- Sample some of the locals’ favourite street foods and quick bites of the area
How should I dress during a tour?
Flavours of the Old City tour runs through conservative and traditional part of Istanbul and therefore you may want to dress accordingly. For all our other food tours, feel free to dress your own way, but make sure that you wear comfortable walking shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
Why is the Istanbul on Food tour cheaper than most of the other food tours? Do you serve less food or lesser quality foods?
Not at all! On the contrary, we believe we serve the very best available dishes on all our tours! In the neighborhoods we visit, usually there are more than half a dozen different food shops serving the same food/dish. We have carefully evaluated them to make sure we visit and eat the best one possible. Our tours are more about quality than quantity. On our full day tours we also serve high end Turkish main courses and kebabs. For instance, on our Two Continents tour, we eat the best ice-cream and döner kebab not only in Istanbul, but in the whole of Turkey. If the price of a food matters, then there is no other more expensive alternatives than what we pay for those dishes.
So, how are our tours still quite reasonably priced compared to others? The answer is simple: We believe you would still book and enjoy our tours if the price tag was 30% higher; but, it is our philosophy to offer exceptional experiences at a reasonable price. This is our value.
Are there bathroom stops?
Of course there are! Your tour guide will let you know when the next restroom opportunity is approaching throughout the day.
Your ticket entitles you to the following:
- All food and drink tastings along the tour, including 1 bottle of water
- A friendly, knowledgable and energetic professionally-licensed English-speaking tour guide
- A evening filled with culinary, cultural, historic and personal anecdotes, with a local insider’s view of Istanbul
- Maximum group size of 8 people
- 3 hours of eating, walking and enjoying Istanbul
What To Bring & Wear
- An empty stomach and a very big appetite!
- Casual and comfortable shoes and clothing
- Our tours depart rain or shine, but if rain is forecast you might like to bring an umbrella for the short walking distances between food stops
50% deposit is required upon booking to secure your tour (this can be made via PayPal or with credit card). Cancellations are to be advised at least 24-hours before the commencement of your scheduled tour for a full refund; otherwise, this deposit will be forfeited. Our tours run rain or shine.
Meeting & Finishing Point
Our Taksim Street Food Tour depart everyday at 18:00 and are approximately 3 hours in duration.
We meet to begin our tour at the iconic Taksim Square. The exact meeting point and detailed directions will be provided upon booking.
This tour finishes near Sishane metro station and historic Tunnel funicular. Galata Tower is 10 minutes walking distance away and Galata bridge is 20 minutes away from the finishing point.
Our small, standard tour group size is just 2-8 people. However, we are certainly happy to cater for your larger, private group. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Istanbul Food Tours Quick Links