I love capsicums (peppers) and these are a real treat with the parmesan on the outside. A great side dish to any dinner meal, these are easy and tasty – who doesn’t love a bit of parmesan? Admittedly, I think the longer, thinner Charleston peppers work better as they tend to hold the crust better, but you could experiement with any types of capsicums.
- 4 red capsicums (peppers)
- 4 Charleston peppers (capsicums)
- Vegetable oil for fying
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of grated parmesan
- ½ cup of plain flour
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- Wash and dry the capsicums, and pierce lengthways with a knife 1-2 times each.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, breadcrumbs and parmesan together in another bowl. Season with salt.
- First, dip the peppers into the egg wash, then coat with parmesan and bread mixture.
- Cook in vegetable oil until cooked through and golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towel after cooking to absorb any excess oil from frying.