How to Make Shish Kebab
- ½ cup virgin olive oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, grated ( ½ cup)
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boned leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Place the olive oil, onion, and milk in a large nonreactive bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Add the lamb cubes, coating them with the marinade. Cover the pan and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning the meat once or twice while it marinates.
- Prepare a charcoal grill.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Arrange the lamb cubes on 4 skewers. Cook the lamb on a grill set about 5 inches above the coals, turning it frequently and brushing it with the marinade. Cook the meat about 8 minutes for medium or 12 minutes for well done. Pull the skewers from the lamb or serve with the skewers still in place.