Embark on an unforgettable tasting adventure into the city’s lively heart of Taksim and Beyoğlu. You’ll join the locals to experience the city in the full-swing of the evening as you savour the best local street foods, specialties from Southeastern Anatolia and traditional desserts. If you want to get into the midst of local Istanbul buzz, this is your opportunity to experience Istanbul’s authentic evening life.
COVID-19 UPDATE: We are currently unable to operate this tour due to the latest COVID-19 restrictions in place in Turkey.
- Taksim Evening Food Tour departs Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 18:00. The tour is approximately 3 hours in duration.
- Note: during winter (from 1st Nov to 29 Feb) this tour starts at 17:00. View tour calendar here.
- All food and drink along the tour, including water.
- A friendly, knowledgeable and passionate English-speaking tour guide.
- An evening filled with culinary, cultural, historic and personal anecdotes, with a local’s insider view of Istanbul.
- Adult: US$75
- Child (6-12): US$45
- Infant (0-5): Free
- Risk free 100% refund if you cancel 24-hours before tour start.
Meeting & Finishing Point:
- We meet to begin our Taksim Evening Food Tour at the iconic Taksim Square. The exact meeting point and detailed directions will be provided upon booking.
- Taksim Evening Food Tour finishes near Şişhane metro station and historic Tünel funicular. Galata Tower is 10-minutes walking distance, and Galata bridge is 20-minutes away from our finishing point.
What to Bring & Wear:
- An empty stomach and a your appetite!
- Casual and comfortable shoes and clothing. Don’t forget your jacket during the cooler evenings.
- Our tours depart rain or shine; if rain is forecast you might like to bring an umbrella for the short walking distances between food stops.
Spend an evening exploring and eating your way through Istanbul’s lively centre on our Taksim Evening Food Tour.
You will meet your guide and fellow foodies to begin your tour at the iconic Taksim Square. From here, you’ll make your way through the maze of narrow backstreets surrounding the bustling İstiklâl Street, stopping in for local street foods, like tantuni. You’ll experience the delicious flavours that have been carrying Turkish cuisine through the ages with pilav and kuru fasulye following a 300-year-old recipe passed down through generations by the very same family who served it inside the Ottoman palace kitchens.
You will spend most of your time exploring the backstreets; however, as you zigzag your way back and forth across the famous İstiklâl Street, you will have time to appreciate the incredible architecture of its historic buildings and churches.
Along the way you’ll journey down lively Nevizade, alive with cheers of revelling locals enjoying their drinks with friends. Finally, you’ll indulge in the best baklava in Istanbul from its traditional and most famous creators.
You’ll enjoy more than 8 different specialties during your tour. You’ll get a first-hand glimpse into why Taksim and Beyoğlu are favourite areas for locals to eat out, socialise and enjoy life. We’ll take you to explore the best local eateries in the neighbourhood, and the evening light allows you to experience the city like a genuine Istanbul local.
Join us for an evening of great food, good drink, and plenty of fun. Taksim Evening Food Tour is an Istanbul evening you’ll remember!
Bring your appetite for fantastic food. Bring a camera (or phone) for beautiful pics and memories. Bring your questions; we love sharing stories and recommendations about Istanbul and Turkey.
We work closely with all our providers, and they expect us daily; however, as small independent businesses, our partners will be busy juggling their local customers, too, so we may face a short wait at some stops. This ‘waiting our turn’ is part of our commitment to supporting local businesses and showcasing the best eats in the neighbourhood.
All our tours operate rain, snow or shine; so, please dress for the weather and consider bringing an umbrella, if necessary.