How to Make Stuffed Artichokes
- 6 artichoke hearts
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- Half bunch dill
- Slice the onions.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and add the onions. Take olive oil in a flat pot and add onions. Add sugar and salt and fry until the onions are soft.
- Sprinkle the artichokes with flour. Place the artichokes face-down (so the top of the artichoke will be facing upwards) on the base of a large pot. Pour over the lemon juice and warm water.
- Cover the artichokes with parchment paper and cover the pot with a lid. Simmer over low heat until softened. If the water starts to dry up before the artichokes are fully cooked, you can add more water to the pot.
- In another pot, boil the carrot and peas in water for 8-10 minutes. Once soft, peel.
- Mix the carrot and peas with your cooked onion mix and finely chopped dill.
- Place your cooked artichokes on a serving plate. Fill the artichokes with the mixture.
- Let the artichokes cool to room temperature before transferring them to the refrigerator. They should be served cold with a drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lemon.