How to Make Broad Bean Stuffed Artichokes
- 6 artichoke hearts
- 2 onions
- 300 g broad beans
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 100ml warm water
- Half bunch dill
- Slice the onions.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and add the onions. Take olive oil in a flat pot and add onions. Add sugar and salt and fry until the onions are soft.
- Sprinkle the artichokes with flour. Place the artichokes face-down (so the top of the artichoke will be facing upwards) on the base of a large pot. Pour over the lemon juice and warm water.
- Cover the artichokes with parchment paper and cover the pot with a lid. Simmer over low heat until softened. If the water starts to dry up before the artichokes are fully cooked, you can add more water to the pot.
- In another pot, boil the broad beans in water for 8-10 minutes. Once soft, peel.
- Mix the broad beans with your cooked onion mix and finely chopped dill.
- Place your cooked artichokes on a serving plate. Fill the artichokes with the broad bean mixture.
- Let the artichokes cool to room temperature before transferring them to the refrigerator. They should be served cold with a drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lemon.