How to Make Turkish Chicken and Vermicelli Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Spanish onion
- ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup vermicelli, broken into 1- to 1 ½ -inch pieces
- 1 ½ quarts chicken stock
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
In a heavy medium-size pot, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the onion for 1 minute, stirring, until it’s softened but not brown. Add the chicken and vermicelli, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the lemon juice and serve.