How to Make Dandelion Salad
- 2 pounds dandelion greens
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed olives
- Lemon wedges
- Trim the dandelion greens by cutting off the roots to separate the stems. Remove any brown or wilted leaves and stems. Wash them well.
- In a heavy, large saucepan, bring 2 quarts cold water to a boil. Add the dandelion greens and boil them for about 8 minutes, or until they’re tender. Drain the greens well and squeeze them to remove the excess water.
- Coarsely chop the dandelion greens. Place them in a bowl and add the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with olives and lemon wedges, and serve chilled.