How to Make Green Beans with Olive Oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 700 gr fresh green beans, cut in half lengthwise
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a medium-size pot over medium heat and cook the onions gently for about 2 minutes, until it’s softened but not Brown. Stir in the garlic, tomato, and beans. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 ½ cups water and bring the mixture to a boil; then lower the heat, cover the pot, and simmer gently for about 35 minutes, or until the beans are tender but not too soft.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving plate, cover it, and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature with a garnish of chopped parsley.