How to Make High Plateau Soup
- 5 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted clarified butter
- 2 cups plain yoğurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- Place the stock, rice, and butter in a heavy medium-size saucepan. Bring the liquid to a boil, then lower the heat to medium, and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Mix the yogurt, flour, and egg yolks until smooth. Stir the mixture into the soup. Add the mint and season with salt. Simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the soup has a creamy consistency.
- To make the topping, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat; add the paprika and mint, and stir the mixture until it sizzles. Ladle the soup into individual bowls and drizzle the butter mixture over each serving. Serve at once.