How to Make Lamb with White Beans
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 900 gr boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups dried beans, soaked overnight
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 cups lamb stock or water
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped crosswise
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped parsley
- In a heavy medium-size saucepan, melt the butter over high heat. Add the lamb chunks and brown the meat all over for about 6 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute more, then add the tomato paste, tomatoes, beans, Turkish red pepper, and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the saucepan and simmer for 45 minutes, skimming the surface occasionally to remove any scum that rises to the top.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Transfer the mixture to a clay pot. Add the green peppers. Cover the pot and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the beans are tender but not mushy. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.