How to Make Turkish Okra
Light, refreshing and healthy meals are preferred in our tables during the summer months, especially when the weather is hot. In such cases, the first thing that comes to our mind is olive oil. Okra is one of the most popular vegetables of the summer months. You can store okra, which is a complete health store, in the freezer while it is fresh or dry it for the winter months.
- 600 gr fresh okra
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ tablespoon pepper paste
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ cup hot water
- Dice the peeled onions and tomatoes.
- Using a knife, remove the stems of the okra. Be careful not to cut too close to the okra. Wash the okra thoroughly with water.
- Put olive oil, tomato paste and onions in a medium saucepan. Saute until the onions are lightly pink.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Mix and cover with a lid.
- When the tomatoes begin to soften slightly, add your okra. Stir gently, add salt, lemon juice and sugar.
- Add water to the pot and cook over medium heat until the okra is soft and cooked through.
- Your dish can be served hot or cold. Enjoy your meal.
* If you are going to serve your cold in a cold way, you can pour olive oil on it and sprinkle with fresh chopped dill.