How to Make Saksuka
Şakşuka, one of the famous flavors of the Mediterranean, is a kind of appetizer prepared by frying vegetables and pouring sauce on it. Although its production varies from region to region, its main ingredients are eggplant, pepper and tomato. It is also made with yogurt in some regions.
- 1 kg eggplant
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500g yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 70ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel the eggplants in a striped fashion (keeping some of the skin on so the eggplants have a striped appearance).
- Cut the eggplants into 2cm cubes.
- In a large bowl cover the diced eggplant with water and 1 tablespoon salt and leave to soak for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, peel the tomatoes and puree them in a blender.
- Add the tomato puree to saucepan with 1 teaspoon salt and sugar. Cook over low heat until the juice evaporates and the mix reduces.
- Crush your garlic and mix with yoghurt.
- Drain your eggplants and dry well.
- Fry your eggplant in olive oil until soft, and drain on paper towel.
- Place your eggplant on a serving plate. Top with garlic yoghurt. Finally, pour your tomato sauce over the garlic yoghurt.
- Once it reaches room temperature, your shakshuka is ready to serve.
Delicious Turkish Saksuka Recipe. Foods with Olive Oil Recipes
Turkish Saksuka Recipe. How to Make Easy and Delicious Foods with Olive Oil. Traditional Turkish Foods Recipes.
Preparation Time: PT
Cooking Time: PT
Total Time: PT