How to Make Stuffed Dried Eggplant
If you haven’t tried stuffing made from dried vegetables, also known as “Sour Stuffed” in Traditional Turkish Cuisine and Ottoman Palace Cuisine, we strongly recommend it. It is sour-sweetened with dry stuffed sumac spice, which is frequently consumed in the eastern region of our country..
- 25 dried eggplants
- 4 small onions
- 3 bulbs of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of pepper paste
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 tea glass of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of hot water
- Black pepper
- Red pepper
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Boil the dried eggplants for 5 minutes until they are softened. Fry minced onions and garlic in 100ml (1 tea glass) olive oil to prepare the stuffing. When onions and garlic is softened, add the tomato paste, mix and keep cooking. Add the washed rice and 2 cups of hot water, spices, salt and sugar and cook until the water dries up.
- Fill the prepared stuffing into the softened eggplants. Place the eggplants in the pot and sprinkle lightly with salt. Add boiling water over the eggplants and cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes of cooking, add lemon juice and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve warm.