How to Make Stuffed Zucchini Flower
Stuffed zucchini flowers; It is one of the indispensable flavors of Turkish, Greek and Cyprus cuisines. Stuffed zucchini flowers; Although it varies according to the region, it is usually made from pumpkin flowers collected in the Aegean and the Mediterranean in the early hours of the morning.
- 20-25 zucchini flowers
- 2 onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Dill (about a third of a bunch)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dice the onions, grate the tomatoes and finely chop the dill.
- Remove the green stems of the zucchini flowers, taking care not to damage the flower petals.
- Remove the yellow stigma inside the flower. Again, without damaging the leaves.
- Wash the rice thoroughly under water until the water runs clear.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large pan and fry your onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the washed rice to the onion and continue to cook until the rice is soft.
- To the rice mixture, add the grated tomato, pepper, salt, dried mint and water. Simmer until the water has evaporated.
- Take it off the heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add your chopped dill to the rice mixture.
- Carefully, fill your zucchini flowers with the rice mixture. Be careful not to overfill them as the rice will expand during cooking. Carefully fold the flowers from top to bottom.
- Place your stuffed flowers side-by-side in a large pot with the folded edge at the bottom.
- Pour the remaining olive oil over the flowers. Add water to the pot so that it reaches about half of the height of the flowers.
- Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, your stuffed zucchini flowers are ready. They can be served warm or cold.