How to Make Char-Grilled Swordfish Shish Kebab
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 fresh or dried bay leaves, crumbled
- Salt and black pepper
- 900 gr swordfish, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Place the swordfish in a nonreactive dish and pour over the marinade, turning the fish to coat it thoroughly. Cover the dish and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal grill, with the rack set 4-5 inches above the coals.
- Arrange the swordfish cubes on 4 skewers. Grill them for about 8 minutes, turning frequently and gently brushing the fish with marinade from the dish. Pull out the swordfish from the skewers, sprinkle with parsley, and serve at once.