How to Make White Rice Pilaf
- 4 tablespoons unsalted clarified butter
- 1 ½ cups long-grain white rice, washed, soaked, and drained
- 2 ½ cups hot chicken stock or water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan set over medium heat. Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes, until the rice is coated with butter. Pour in the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil, then lower the heat, cover the saucepan, and cook gently for about 15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and let the pilaf stand, covered, for 5 minutes; then stir the rice and serve.