How to Make Zucchini Fritters
- 700 gr small, firm zucchini, grated (4 cups)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ cups olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 recipe Yogurt-Garlic Sauce (optional)
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander, sprinkle it with salt and let it drain for about 15 minutes. Squeeze out the excess juice and place the zucchini in a large bowl together with the scallions, dill, parsley, eggs, and paprika, mixing well. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the feta cheese and flour a little at a time and incorporate them well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, then lower the heat to medium.
- Scoop out tablespoonfuls of the zucchini mixture and gently drop them into the hot oil. Make sure you do not crowd the fritters in the skillet. Fry them all over until they’re golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain the fritters on paper towels. Serve them at once. Alternatively, serve them at room temperature with yogurt-garlic sauce.